Schlossberg, LLC Practice Areas
Estate Planning & Administration
Our firm provides a wide range of estate planning services, from sophisticated planning for the high-net worth client to simple plans for young families. We are dedicated to building long-lasting relationships with our clients and their families and often engage in planning for multiple generations within a family. In addition to our role as a family advisor, our estate planning attorneys all have earned advanced degrees in tax law and can provide special legal expertise that many other firms cannot provide.
Read the latest issue of Snippets: An Estate And Financial Planning Newsletter
Summer 2013 | Summer 2014 | Winter 2015 | Spring 2016 (new)
We help you:
- Develop and implement appropriate estate planning strategies to avoid probate, minimize estate taxes, and preserve wealth for the next generation;
- Develop strategies to address a variety of family circumstances, such as second marriages and special needs children.
- Create a business succession plan for transition and wealth transfer when the younger generation will succeed to the family business, and liquidity planning with buy/sell agreements.
- Plan for lifetime incapacity, with a Durable Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy, and Living Will, in order that your wishes are known and carried out by one or more agents who can conduct your legal business and make health decisions on your behalf.
Plan for wealth replacement with Irrevocable Insurance Trusts;
Preparation of Crummey Notice;
- Explore sophisticated techniques that may be warranted such as Private Foundations, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts ("QPRT's), Charitable Remainder Trusts ("CRT's"), and family limited partnerships.
- Navigate the administration process by guiding your family members through the probate and tax systems when a loved one dies.
- Establishing guardianships/conservatorships when required.
- Investment Supervision of Trusts
We focus on recent and anticipated developments in applicable law, and on specific cutting-edge techniques for protecting you, your spouse, and your family. Our firm appreciates the array of issues you face, and together we bring extensive experience to advise and guide you through them. Our professionals are sensitive to your needs and we have a true concern for your well-being and that of your family, and we value being a trusted advisor and friend of the family.
SCHLOSSBERG, LLC - ESTATE AND TRUST TEAM
J. Keith Phifer
Lauren D. Elco
Kerry A. Wells
Scott I. Wolf
Joyce Petersile, Estate and Trust Team Paralegal
Lisa Nystrom, Estate and Trust Team Administrator